PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Jul 2010, 16:20
clublemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seniority which I have worked long for to achieve. An ID90 ticket with no seniority on JNB will not work.
Ava, it certainly will not work. The route is commercially busy and there will be the firm staff on there 20J's etc and people on their annual firm tickets.

One suggestion that I have (assuming BAs goodwill gesture of Staff Travel restoration with sanctions is accepted) is that you could pay the premium standby which would ensure your are at the top of the ID90's sby list. I would advise against jumpseat requests....12 hours in that and I dont think anyone would be able to safely operate a flight without proper rest.

Unless Staff Travel is reinstated without any sanctions, I can't vote to accept this proposal.
Im afraid to say that I cannot see this happening. I have to agree with most views on here. You were told that staff travel would be taken away.....so like eveyone who went on strike the bed has been made and now you (they) must lay on it.

Have you looked at South African Airways or COMAIR who I imagine would have JNB or CPT bases. This would probably be your best option at this stage.