PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferrying Single Pilot Citation
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 16:00
Jay_solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nu name

How you work out that being in a jet would be tougher than being in a 172 is beyond me. For this reason I suggest you definitely get some advice, it sounds like you need it. In my opinion there is never a good reason not to have another competant pilot on board.

Right, your starting to drift off topic. But let me make a point to you, I am NOT here to discuss a C172 across the atlantic! My original question referenced a Cessna Citation, flying single pilot. The three main obvious advantages a Citation has over a C172 over the atlantic is performance, range and cruising altitude. And if you think flying single pilot C172 is harder than single pilot jet, YOU need to get some advice.

Any jet is obviously faster, more complex (meaning more things can go wrong) and is nowhere near as forgiving as a Cessna 172 in a critical emergency situation. The two things they both have in common is that both planes were born in Kansas, and they can't swim!

And I say again, I asked the question to find out who has done it and hopefully they can gives some insight into their experience of ferry flying it over the routes across the north atlantic.

For everyone else who posted, on topic, thanks. I'll leave it as that.