PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raf EngO medical question
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 15:17
AYTCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zebbe,

I think now you need to perhaps visit the local dentist as well, as PN appears to have uncovered a couple of exposed raw nerves in there somewhere.

Thanks PN for posting your PM as I did wonder what you had said to him to get the response you did. (Obviously some on here can be just blatantly rude when wannabees first post and I wondered if you had just gone straight for the jugular). Your response, IMHO, was measured, constructive and, well, honest! You even kindly suggested an alternative aero-engineering career path should the RAF not work out for him. Nice.

Z - you need to take a chill pill dude and take the comments not as you think they were written but as they were actually meant...as constructive criticism from someone older and wiser than you in the ways of the Service. Let's face it, if you really honestly have two styles of writing, one for here and one for job apps, my advice is to drop the one for here as it is quite frankly awful. Then at least when you do apply for a job you will not get it wrong and write in the 'for this forum' style and thus, your app may not be processed through the nearest shredder.

Lastly, I refer the honourable Gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago - "my experience of the RAF Medics would advise you to get anything out of the ordinary, especially seizures or epilepsy, and I have to say, even as lowly as Hayfever, removed if your Doc will comply. That way you have the best chance of jumping that hurdle on initial selection".

The important bit there is IF your Doc is happy to do so....if there is any medical doubt in his/her mind whatever, they will not do that for you and as PN said, you then have no chance against those with no problems highlighted in their med history. At that point if aero-eng is where you want to be, take PNs advice and start investigating the civilian eng career path; that way you may not end up very disappointed after the Rejection Letter from the RAF!

People on this forum will gladly help (apart from the usual suspects) but you have to chill and be able to see and take advice when it comes, even if to you it appears to come in the form of criticism....an important military trait that you do not appear to have at this point.