PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 14:24
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, strikes one a difference at once, of non-stop talk of controller except he may be breathed in once :o) - compared to our silence let's say it in comparison it is silence.
The controller may stop for breath, but his/her transmit button remains 'active' the whole time. Any break in transmission of more than a few seconds means Radio Failure and go-round.
Yours was 'silent' because there was no 'PAR' (or 'control') in progress!

And I thought the controller hears what the plane says to him via some ear phones! Decided that that's why it's not recorded in the video.
No
But you say the plane simply said nil. in 4.5 minutes of landing, it seems.
Yes - from ATC call 'Start descent' to ATC call on the runway 'contact tower' - silent. No transmission from aircraft is possible anyway with permanent transmission from ATC.

May be there were some ear phones, still?
Ear phones yes, aircraft talking no

It sounds like there is a quiet mumble, of some sort?
Well it was a USAF aircraft.............................

with displays I am technically un-fit :o) to understand anything.
I don't even know why there seem to me moving 2 "snakes" towards the runway! :o)))) Were it 2 planes controlled simultaneously may be?!
One aircraft, 2 'blips'/'pips' - whatever you wish to call them. (Radar returns from 2 radar sets )The top one is the glidepath the lower the centreline. With these 2 views there is NO NEED for anything from the aircraft!

Anyway I'll find an appropr. person in Smolensk blog hopefully (all deserted it temporarily for absence of news) and show it to a Russian controller, will try to obtain one.
Good luck