PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panshanger? Or somewhere else?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 10:36
rsuggitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly from Panshangar from time to time (though I didnt train there, so actually it's taken a whil to catch up on who's who). It's a nice setting (I like the way people jst come and watch the planes at weekends), good cafe, and they are working at building the club atmosphere. Instructors are as good as I've found anywhere, planes are OK (if a bit cosmetically shabby, same anywhere really). Maintenance is on site, which avoids a lot of tech problems. One nice thing is that you dont have to fly for miles to avoid controlled airspace and get to a training area. The CFI ? Definitely a 'personality' !.... but he's not 'in your face' the whole time so you can avoid him if you want. I dont mind the sporadic radio coverage (it's 'radio' service after all), though the instructors will reply to calls as and when they can.
My only dislike... there's usually no-one around on reception, and I have to wait for an instructor to arrive (usually with student in tow) to do paperwork, answer questions, pay bills, etc.