PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine Ops: Who's Responsibility?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 10:23
Te_Kahu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricksheli.

Far cop. One is always willing to put one's hand up and call wrong if the facts dictate so. You appear to have intimate detail about this incident which I'm hoping means you might be able to answer a question or two!

How long did the Longranger sit on the hospital pad until the engine was swapped out?

Also, the fact that it had to shutdown and stay on the hospital pad for XXX days/weeks/months while the engine was swapped out means it complied with Cat A, Performance Class 1 how?

How long can a Longranger/C30 keep performing at full power with a failed oil scavenge pump before it's performance degrades and becomes a problem?

And, Port of Taranaki to Taranaki Base Hospital is how many metres?

I am sitting with a former senior manager of one of New Zealand's biggest hospitals and he just bout fell of his chair laughing at your suggestion that the flights out of New Plymouth are signed off by a flight nurse.

"That's a sad joke...Tell that guy not to say that to loudly in case the hospital's insurers hear," were his comments!

By the way, what was the nature of the injury/illness of that flight which was signed off by a flight nurse? Do tell?

SuperF

I think you will find that the owner of that Longranger simply doesn't agree with that rule and is just ignoring it! As well as the department I do wonder if his insurers were watching the test?

TK