PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Jul 2010, 05:52
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC767 said:

The other, more prominent, owners of BA may have set a goal, may have suggested their vision of the future, the what factor, but Walsh is in charge of the how and when.
I don't see how that contradicts what I said. BA is not my airline and I don't own shares in them, but the people that do, you included, have had access to all of the information you need to decide on the real reason for this dispute. At least year's AGM they supported the board's actions.

However, I think we'll get a more complete picture a week on Tuesday, where I hope you will go and raise the issues you pose here, as is your right.

If Walsh is doing that bad a job, I'm guessing it will come out at the AGM (blathering underpant-wearing BASSA gatecrashers excepted of course).

For reference, here are the figures from last year's AGM:

13:35: After 27 questions, voting has begun. Remuneration report gets 99.4pc vote in favour. Broughton re-elected with 99.47pc but finance director Keith Williams does better still - 99.78. Doesn't look like much dissent over the management then.