PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat pilots : Are they really safe for Indian Aviation ?
Old 30th Jun 2010, 23:33
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survived it? I survived with my [professional] integrity in tact, and that is all that counted.

Enough of that, allow me to ask a few questions:
Under who's system, who's screening, who's authority, stamp and seal of approval for any pilot in India (expat or local) be granted the privileges and limitations to fly for an Indian carrier?

How did these woeful pilots (expat & local) get checked to line?

How did they even get through the initial screening?

Corruption? Useless HR departments? Greedy managers taking up to $5k USD per month PER EXPAT CAPT? (There's your rhyme & reason for the dates and numbers of expats to keep changing.) Spineless agencies also in on the game?

Ahhhh...!!! Blame the PILOT, but don't dare any of you open your damn eyes to investigate the SYSTEM from which the standards are borne and flourish

One of my previous posts highlighting the most recent corruption and backhand deals relating to expat contracts was a HUGE insight into this system. And yet NOT ONE person commented on that massive corruption. Blindfolded by xenophobic attitudes to remove expats by any means. Last week the DGCA medical, this week the crashes only involving expats, what next? It'll come....

As a TRI/TRE if I pass a pilot who should (must) be failed and that pilot goes on to be responsible for a crash and killing xxx pax, do I and the licensing authority whom I represent, have blood on my/our hands? HELL YES !.

The truth is there are no doubt some (????) expat pilots in India under dubious scams by playing with log books, falsifying credentials. But under who's watch were these "thieves" able to get the keys to the money box? Are you guys THAT STUPID?

The corruption, those despicable low training standards, etc, etc (said all too often before) AFFECTS EVERYONE!