PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raf EngO medical question
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 23:14
zebbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raf EngO medical question

Hi wondering if anyone could help me with a quesiton regarding medical requirements.

I am looking to apply possibly for an engineering officer position(still considering).
I live an active healthy lifestyle and consider myself to be fit and healthy, and i believe any tests would agree with this however i have possibly a major issue in my history.

Im 23 now, about 5 years ago i went to my docters to have a jab which i missed at school, i passed out and had what the doctor described as a "seizure".
Went to the hospital and was told by a bunch of docters i have epilepsy and i should learn to deal with it etc... i didnt believe them dispite them trying to drill it into me, the guy just stuck me with a needle and i passed out that was all!.

Anyway went to neuro doctor.. booked me a eeg and brain scan, had another "seizure" during the eeg(metal things being scraped on my head was not nice).

Apparently nothing wrong with me on any tests. Everyone was clueless to what was wrong with me, apart from me who insisted there was nothing wrong with me, and that i had just passed out because i didnt like what they were doing to me. (And not had a "seizure" but simply passed out.

Finally went to see another neuro docter, who laughed at all the money wasted on me and told me i had "syncope" and was scared of hospitals. Gave me some leaflet sent me on my way to live my life, since then i have been in hospitals and had jabs.. and never once has this happened to me again!.

I may of been a little squeamish at needles all that time ago but ive dislocated my shoulder several times and put it back in myself and never had a so called "seizure"! (surgery fixed that now).

So im concerned what the view on this would be when my medical history is checked.? I have been told any seizure in last 10 years = no. But i dont see it as a seizure, i just passed out, but im pretty sure thats what the doctor has put down on my history.

Should i possibly go to my doctor and ask to have it expunged from my history?

Sorry for the long post.

Many Thanks