PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Jun 2010, 23:12
Satan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the latest "thinking" from BASSA. Basically, the answer is NO, what is the question, yet again.

Duncan Holley BASSA BRANCH SECRETARY
Post subject: Re: Meeting CancelledPosted: 29 Jun 2010 20:56

I accept this is incredibly frustrating for everyone.

We have to consult again (even though we can all guess your response). Not to consult would come back to haunt us. Don't worry about BA ongoing recruitment - they know a/c will take off but with no one on them for the duration of this dispute. They also know the standard of the crew they are recruiting will not sustain things long term.

BA are playing silly beggars as usual but I sense all is not well in Waterside. Just as everyone on here is fed up let me assure you so it is the same with BA.

Managers are starting to speak openly and challenge WW's tactics. (Check out yesterday's Guardian). They know this is lunacy but we need to see it through.

BA do not want this going on into the autumn. Let's hold our nerve. Sometimes things happen that BASSA can't help - but we absorb them, cope with them and then adapt our strategy. Lizanne, Blair, Nigel, Chris, Marcel etc etc etc haven't gone anywhere, we are still here working out the best way forward.

It would have been good to have had Kempton next week but with us unable to field who we wanted to give you all the info there really is no point in making do.

BA still can't resist the macho management style.

Sorry this message is a bit bullet point ish, just thought it important to post something before bedtime.
Rgds Duncan
Yesterdays Guardian, Duncan, had all the trademarks of your grammar and writing style. Yet again. Like the "40-something Stewardess" who wrote previously.

Regardless, BASSA are now in a corner, and they know it. Yes, the offer will be rejected, but so what? What then? You've been told already your ballot will be challenged (in not so many words) in a letter you chose not to highlight to your members, and the chances are you will not be able to strike based on the mandate you have called. Why not register under your own name and come on here and answer the questions you do not face on your own biased website? They constantly slag of PPRunE over there, however this is the only website where the truth will out, and BASSA cannot control the output. Come on Duncan, I know you read this site, lets hear you tell us why you are in the right and every single other department in BA is in the wrong.

I dare you.

Satan.

PS Backing BA, and proud of it if it removes the cancer that is BASSA from our midst.

PPS The aircraft I operated on strike days were rammed. And everyone was happy to be flying, and the crews were the best I've seen in 20 or so years in BA. I'd rather fly with them any day than the XXXX brigade with their chips on both shoulders. You have so fundamentally failed your membership as to be accountable, and we are just waiting for the first ray of light to dawn and someone to take you all the way, mon brave! Bon chance!

Last edited by Satan; 30th Jun 2010 at 23:22.