PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat pilots : Are they really safe for Indian Aviation ?
Old 30th Jun 2010, 22:01
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry buddy but the exact connotation of "expat" as that author is using it, means "anybody who is not indian", and you know it and I know it too. He's too afraid to use specific words like "Americans" or "Australians" or "Europeans" or "Pakistanis" or whoever, so he hides behind the generic word "expat" and everyone knows what he means and nods their head wisely while they read their morning copy of the Hindu.
So you admit that term expat is 'politically correct' and doesn't have racist connotations.

Everyone is free to interpret what he wants of the words, and its a part of freedom of opinion which originates from freedom of speech. But reading 'expats' as 'racist' and claiming the author to be racist is unfair to author.

Why do you think he is afraid of using "American", "OZ", "Pakisani"?
Why don't you think that those are the words which don't explain what he means.
The article has raised a question. Answer it if you can, don't come shouting at the author. I am sure if you write well enough Hindu will publish your comments.

Now with single stroke of generosity you have labeled every Hindu (the newspaper, and not the religions) reader as racist, because in your opinion they all share the same interpretation of word 'expat' as you did for the purpose of this article.

I really don't know which country you belong to, and I don't want to know either, that will save me from dwelling into history.

My stand was simple, if you ever saw a kid defecating by the public road, and if you did not stop to do any thing in your own personal capacity then you cannot blame any one else in the world for this, you are part of it.

And just for your information the average Indian, doesn't write letters to his MP, he has more urgent things to do, like earning a livelihood, like arranging a lavatory. Once he has managed these things he will go and write letters to MPs.

Now some of them are writing letters to MPs, and articles in news papers to further their own interests in phasing out expats. They have learnt it. But you don't have moral authority to tell them about what to write in those letters.

And the kids you see defecating by the roadside will be in few decades flying the 787s, and thats not an exaggeration I have seen it happen with 737s, they don't need any charity.

And if the national laws had not protected local labor more than 30% percent of worlds pilot will come from India.