PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat pilots : Are they really safe for Indian Aviation ?
Old 30th Jun 2010, 21:15
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sorry buddy but the exact connotation of "expat" as that author is using it, means "anybody who is not indian", and you know it and I know it too. He's too afraid to use specific words like "Americans" or "Australians" or "Europeans" or "Pakistanis" or whoever, so he hides behind the generic word "expat" and everyone knows what he means and nods their head wisely while they read their morning copy of the Hindu.

Well mate in my country we have a word which defines slagging off at entire groups of people / sections of society based on their global origin ... and we have laws against people writing that kind of garbage in newspapers ... you can stick your head in your sand and call it whatever you want mate.

And yep me and my fellow countrymen and most of the rest of the world over the last multiple decades, have given plenty of money to charities like world vision to try and help your suffering and starving countrymen, never seems to make the problem any better though. Wonder where all that money goes I don't want this to become a generic argument about poverty though - I just included it in my post, to point out that if I was an average Indian thinking of things to write letters to my MP about to try and improve the standard of my society, I would probably have more important things on my mind than kicking out the evil and unsafe "expat" airline captains.