PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 128 Piccadilly...
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 20:17
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggus
The few times in my RAF career that I tried to book into the club there was no space available. The perception, amongst many junior officers, rightly or wrongly (that's the whole point about a perception, it might not be correct, but that doesn't stop it being held), is that all the rooms are booked months in advance
Indeed you are right and that was my finding too until I cottoned on to the cancellation rules. Book early, cancel late.

Anyway, given it used to be half a days pay to belong, after several years of not using the club, the money I had laid out would have easily paid for hotel costs on the rare occassions that I visted London.
Equally true and it is the MiL who likes the club so much (she is 86) that I keep it up. But the club does offer a better chance of meeting people if you see what I mean. One I met was a WW2 Catalina pilot; last year it was a Hurricane pilot who had been on the Murmansk detachment. Wonderful.