PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat pilots : Are they really safe for Indian Aviation ?
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:59
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Indians make me laugh man
Thank you.

Why don't you quickly run and tell Cathay and Emirates and all the other serious expat airlines how at risk they are, how they need to quickly sack all their expats and replace them with Indians in order to improve their safety standards
You have a highly misplaced sense of generalization. If emiratee pilot's don't have jobs, emiratees will throw out expats, as simple as that, same with Hong Kong. If you are an expat you will know the relevance of that statement.
Expats are a short term feature in any good paying job in any economy.

Now seriously, if I was(were) a journalist for a proper newspaper like the Times or the Sydney Morning Herald or in fact any journalist in a first world country, and I wanted to cause some trouble, if I went back into all the lists of incident reports for a few years until I had enough reports to write an article pointing out all the incidents of woman pilots, or black pilots, or Indian pilots, or Muslim pilots, or whatever, and demanding that they all be removed from their jobs, it would be easy to do. However you can be very sure that about 10 seconds after the article was published I would be absolutely crucified by the political-correctness police, and would lose my job overnight and never work as a reporter ever again.
You cannot be journalist if you think 'expat' is some sort of race or gender of human beings. Or may be the first world The Times and Sydney Herald will accept your level of linguistic prowess, but I am sure The Hindu will not.

Yes expats a minority, but by no means an exploited one.

Terming anti-expat sentiments as racist, is a sinister racist imagination which works on clubbing all expats into one race. For God's sake which race is expat. You tell me if I am against expats, than which race am I against.

But in India ... it seems nobody bats an eyelid when blatantly unresearched racism / sexism / minority bashing / whatever, gets front page news. That is not news my friend ... that newspaper article is not so much an indictment of how bad expat pilots are, as it is how bad Indian journalists are.

That author is not a journalist, he is highly experienced Instructor/Examiner Pilot with an airline.

Then again ... in India it also seems that nobody cares when millions of women and children and your most vulnerable citizens are living in cardboard boxes and sh!tting on the streets and dying from starvation and diseases, while their big industrialists and cricket stars are living next door in huge mansions counting their billions. But that's all right ... lets keep on writing trash newspaper articles blaming the "expats"
As though you do care, if you have come across those kids ****ting on the street and have not stopped to do anything for them, then you have no ******* right to comment on this. So what if the cricketer is counting his billions, aren't you too counting your thousands. Just because you have only thousands to count, that doesn't reduce your part in the crime. Neither does your running away to home sweet home thousands of mile away make you any less guilty.

So come forward and admit we are all accomplishes in this monstrosity and get real about this.