PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRB and the CAA
Thread: CRB and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:50
BEagle

Received 333 Likes on 116 Posts
Neither the 'Jockistanis' nor the 'Viet-Taff' take offense at such banter - it's only jumped up civvies with their huggy-fluffy attitudes who can't tell banter from harassment. Once upon a time people realised that such nicknames were actually a sign of endearment....

As for kids. Keep the little sods out and there's no problem. Better still, send them up a chimney or down a coal mine - then they might really have something to complain about.

Kids who lie about actions of teachers, for example, are treated like little adults instead of having their sorry arses kicked into the nearest Borstal - and a diet of porridge and stew for a month or so. And no iPods or cellphones either.

I for one am pi$$ed off to the limit with stupid government 'guilty before innocent' attitudes towards those unfortunate enough to have to work with snotty-nosed kids. I went back to my old public school recently and was astonished at the restrictions the staff have to work under, thanks to the blanket cudgel of 'risk assessment'. When I was there in the 1960s, every so often we were given a 'Free Day' and had to be at least 5 miles from the school by 1000, back again at 1900. No supervision, 'yellow jacket' mentality or anything else and yet somehow we all survived with just a packed lunch to defend us from the lurking paedos.... Such things are totally impossible nowadays.

I wholeheartedly applaud Whopity for his robust attitude towards this stupid arse-covering letter and hope that there are others with equal strength of character to chuck it in the bin where it deservedly belongs!

By the way, not all of this post is serious. Those with an ounce (or 28.3495231 gram) of intelligence can probably work out which parts should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by BEagle; 30th Jun 2010 at 20:05.