PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:39
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not advised BASSA in this matter, but it seems they are now thinking along the same avenue as myself. I quote from a recent news item on the BASSA site. (Being a non-union member I assume you will not have read it.)

'Unite have also instructed our legal Counsel to progress and submit our application to The European Court of Human Rights for the removal of staff travel as a result of taking part in lawful industrial action. Together with our lawyers we are working through the paperwork and other details you have assisted in providing in response to our recent email, and in respect to the other claims this issue raises. We hope to be able to provide you with a further update very soon.'
PC767, you have missed the point entirely.

You don't have to be a student of law to understand that insisting people go on strike, with a promise that they would obtain staff travel back "within five minutes" was an out and out LIE. BASSA didn't know then, and still don't know now, whether it will be returned or not. Many people, believed and trusted them, and our friends and colleagues have been seriously misled by BASSA.

It is that the PCCC object to.

Out of interest, are you still a union member?