PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 17:37
SouBE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R E S P E C T....had to spell it out cos they don't know what it means at Arik!

Having packed in a decent job as SCCM with a well respected and stable UK regional operator, I foolishly decided to join Arik at the start of April to be trained up as cabin crew on their A330 operation. Now, I don't regret many things I have done in my 40 years, but this was one of them!

The 'initial conversion' course was a joke; 7 days which you could actually have done in 2. And once the 'course' was over, we were told we had to go to LOS for the NCAA exam so we waited....and waited.....and waited. Emails and phone calls to ask what was happening went unanswered. But still we waited. Then, a phone call. Allelujah! But no. It was a call telling us the company had decided to go for one A330 not two and unless we accepted a change to our contracts to spend up to 20 nights away from home, we MAY loose our jobs. So, I accept the change. And then I wait....and wait some more.

THEN, a contract arrives 8 weeks after starting with the company. Great! We're getting somewhere! So then we wait.....Until we get another phone call.....telling me I'm redundant. Oh, I forgot to mention that our May paycheck arrived 5 days late!

I have worked in the big bad world for over 20 years since leaving education and without doubt Arik is the biggest shower of SH*T I have ever worked for. They lye, they fail to communicate....and before you all rush to tell me that's how Nigeria works, I'm talking about the UK operation!

I still have friends that are working for them and believe you me, I do feel sorry for them. Fortunately I have now got another job, outside of aviation. If any of you are considering Arik then let me give you my advice.....

DON'T DO IT! Sweep the streets, work on a check out at your local supermarket, work behind a bar - anything but waste your time with this bunch. They stink!