PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice appreciated.. what now?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2002, 09:53
Backontrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluehair

I am doing just what the others have recommended above. I think you should seriously consider it. I have remortgaged my own dream home, taking out £30k, with the mortgage offers around at the moment the payments, believe it or not have actually gone down!(I know interest rates may go up, but you can't legislate for everything) I'll be adding it to savings and will be resigning from my high stress, high boredom IT Sales position next month, cannot wait!

I am scared sh*tless but, I would rather live to regret it than live with the regret of not doing it. My route will be to finish my PPL, currently have 40 odd hours, should complete in the next 4 weeks or so. I am booked on the ATPL course with ATA, Coventry in November, I am looking to visit South Africa to hour build in October and shall then shop around for the CPL/IR following successful completion of the ATPL's.

I am 33, I too have a supportive Fiance, we are approaching the whole life changing event as an experience, I don't mean that to sound crap, it just means we get to keep our fantastic home, we rent it our for 12-18 months, it increases in value again and we come back with me qulaified to do the job I really want to do. Yes I know, before anyone posts a response, it will then be the most difficult phase, finding a job. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Good luck in the choices you make.