PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRB and the CAA
Thread: CRB and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 14:51
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOK is absolutely spot on I'm afraid. This is something that I picked up on about 5 years ago, mainly because the company my wife works for does the disclosure checks up in her Scotland. (She doesn't do them herself.) And BEags it isn't a nuLabour quango...

Not only should schools have their FI's checked, but they should also have a policy for how to deal with vulnerable adults or children.

When I put this to my team of FI's years ago, the same bad tempered nonsense came out as has done on here. Some people chose to not fly with children afterwards, but it is unfortunately not as simple as that.

I agree that it's nonsense, but unfortunately we are all in a position where we could find ourselves in the schtuk if someone made a complaint against us.

A disclosure check or enhanced CRB check doesn't pick up anyone who hasn't been accused or convicted of naughtiness, so it's a fairly useless system in reality, but since when has reality had anything to do with law?

Oh and just to make mention of the fact that even though you might have a disclosure check from another place of work, it isn't good enough. You have to get another check done too...