PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Jun 2010, 13:16
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC767

For someone who didn't go on strike, you appear mighty protective of the BASSA stance. I find that quite confusing.

Nontheless, the reason why I said "blah, blah, blah" was in relation to the BASSA soundbites. Quite honestly, anything you hear from a BASSA supporter is word for word from the BASSA website, and, despite it being proved wrong, they continue. It's starting to get tedious.

So, if BASSA (and indeed you) are so sure of the legal position regarding staff travel, why have they not done a damn thing about it? I have stated previously that the legalities of this will be decided in a court. I have also stated that it doesn't bother me if they do get their staff travel back. But what I object strongly to is this:

- BASSA sent cabin crew a text message before the first wave of strikes telling them not to worry as they would get their staff travel back for them "within 5 minutes". Nearly 5 months later they have done nothing.
- BASSA sent members a text message telling them not to go to work they were officially on strike, and they have led them on a path to nowhere.

In fact, I fail to see what BASSA have done for their members, other than losing them enormous amounts of money, and staff travel, and now possibly putting their jobs on the line. That is what the PCCC is speaking out against. And we will continue to do so, with or without your support.

Can we assume PC767 that because you did not obey the strike call, you have left the union? Therefore you don't support BASSA, and yet you don't support the PCCC. For the record, I, personally, have never said I want to represent people. That will be decided by the Professional Cabin Crew Council members themselves.

What alternative representation would you suggest then being as you don't support either of the only two current possibilities?

Last edited by HiFlyer14; 30th Jun 2010 at 13:27.