PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help focus the cuts on the right areas
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 12:48
Grimweasel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you'll find that the Guards units and RHA work bloody hard and spend a hell of a lot of time in Afgahistan, outside the wire. As superbly illustrated in a documentary about 'Trooping the Colour' a few weeks ago. Your statement might not go down too well with several of the unit who returned minus limbs
Agreed on that anotherthing - what I meant is the net effect of having to support that kind of thing on the rest of the Army - whilst they are doing that others will be covering training/ops etc - the front line manpower is vital and I just don't think we can afford all the ceremonial side any more. That also goes for service ceremonial dress. Ditch it and just have one set of uniform such as fatigues, combats whatever you wish to call it. While we are at it, ditch Super Lynx and just carry on using the newly upgraded Puma as your Battle Field lift capability and transfer that to the Army - The RAF concentrates on heavy lift via 1 a/c type - the Chinook.

Of course what they should really do is claim back all the bonuses paid to bankers last year that was effectively syphoned off (via QE) from the taxpayer and into their bank accounts via the stock market. Greatest Ponzi scheme ever - treat the cause of the problem not the symptom!