PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Jun 2010, 11:19
Ava Hannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would BF leave any of us sitting at home on full pay and then employ more people also on full pay ( all be it lower) and be therefore paynig two sets of people.
He wouldn't have to as he can solely rely on the redeployment plan.

Most crew are more than happy to work down and the only way BASSA could get you all out on strike was to scare you all.
I could not be less bothered if BA decides to remove another five cabin crew members off the aircraft as long as it's NEGOTIATED and AGREED.

Just take the deal, it is so good. BA get all their savings from New Fleet plus new crew compliments from us ( which we are already working to).
It is not a good deal. There's no mention of staff travel. Certain points could be improved too. The top-up payment is paid on a yearly basis which means that you would have to wait a year if you work less than the guaranteed monthly average payment.

Bill Francis dose not want to force any of us on to New Fleet. He wants a totally new fleet working to new rules and he does not want anyone like you working on it.
They don't want any of us 'Heritage' crew.

He is going to give back staff travel without seniority if you accept and I am sure eventually he may reinstate it completely over time.
Staff travel has to be returned fully without any sanctions. can't commute from JNB with no seniority. I would never get on. In case BA did not know, they earn money on staff travel which would be beneficial to them.