PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Jun 2010, 08:03
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some seasonal jobs during school. Don't try to make me appear as I have no contact with the 'outside' world because I do.
I never insinuated that you had no contact with the outside world.

My point was that many people within BASSA have taken their Union at face value and accepted (blindly possibly) their assurances. Sadly BASSA have fallen at hurdle after hurdle after hurdle. Instead of giving out factual information they have embarked on a campaign of rhetoric and personal attacks.

Crew complements are contractual! False.
You cannot be sacked for striking! False.
We will get staff travel back within 24hours! False
A CC strike will ground the fleet! False
The Cabin Crew ARE BA! False

What I was trying to get across was that running a business, especially one the size of BA, is a complex, time consuming and difficult task. The various pieces of the puzzle that have to come together are complex in the extreme. Cabin Crew are one small piece of that puzzle and to expect the CEO to drop everything and personally lead the negotiations with Unite is arrogant in the extreme.

Alot of crew believe the rubbish BASSA spout. The vast majority on the BASSA council have no idea how to run a business either. They stated that when they were given the opportunity to view the confidential figures. But crew believe them wholesale and allow themselves to be led up the garden path.