PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To: Air Arabia pilots. From: UAE ACC
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 07:35
kit330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Bluesky: thy holy gods of the sky should then know that by the time we are transferred to YOUR skies we "air arabia" are usually around FL270; at that altitude when you ask us to slow down to a ridiculous speed AND then want us to take up a heading 90deg off our track to omsj JUST so that an EK a/c which is 20nm behind can fly ahead of us, just makes no sense(even if the EK a/c is a 777,cos at the level both a/c's speed are going to be the same....not rocket science here either!!!!) that's why it puzzles most of us and when we say our destination is shj and NOT dxb, we are being sarcastic here. we all know both airports are side by side but telling the a/c ahead by a long way to slow down and vectored way off its track to accommadate another thats way behind just makes no sense, especially when we know shj has no delays and the moment we change over to dxb app,they'll tell us to speed up again n give us direct to final fix!!!!! Maybe instead of telling us how to read the jepp's, you shld learn to vector a/c's properly and start speaking to one another(btwn uae and dxb app) then will you not get questions like you want us to descend now?? and just to let you know when you vector us off our STAR's there is no requirement to be back to 250kts/13000'...some of u guys insist on this...once again Not rocket science here...couple of times I've been asked to immediately slow down frm 300kts to 220kts AND expedite my descend And given a mouth full for not doing so...dear MR.ATC...this is a jet a/c...it can do one thing at a time...either slow down or expedite descend NOT both at the SAME time...not rocket science again.......Oh yes and abt the hold, read my statement above again abt talking to one another...I've been in that situation...being ask to hold by UAE, when speaking to dxb and shj atc they told us there's no delays for shj AND yet UAE insist on making us hold for no reason(probably just because there's delays in dxb???)...at the end we have to divert for no reason....So please before you vent your frustrations about us, try to understand our position here....stop treating us like second class citizens in the air and we'll stop being sarcastic to you....

PS: ferris you must be atc too...remember all the times when a/c's try calling you guys a couple of times with no reply and finally when we get a reply frm ATC... it's standby I'm busy...well mate their's always two sides to a coin...

Last edited by kit330; 30th Jun 2010 at 13:39.