PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 07:23
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning guys,

Firstly allow me to take this opportunity to apologise for the lack of posts and updates since arriving to Algeria. I have been so busy teaching, prep work until the late hours of the day, and arriving back at the hotel I have just been crashing out. There is no internet at the hotel but it is quite and clean which is great.

Travelling back to this great continent so soon after my previous trip has been a dream come true, I have come to Algeria to teach students technical English for which they will go on and become pilots back home in the UK. I have never taught anyone in my life, so I am new to this teacher’s world which is a great experience and at the same time I get to revise my ATPL’s and learn a new language.

Many people I spoke to before arriving to Algeria advised against coming here, telling me that people often get kidnapped and killed and its hell on Earth. In fact I couldn’t disagree enough with the people who have given me such advice. Algeria is a great country where people are hospitable, kind and respectful. An eye opener for me was to see families walking along the beach together at night, kids playing football until the early hours of the morning and seeing a country rebuilding its core structures. I would have to say that after being here for just more than a week I have really enjoyed seeing a country that has a strong family spirit and an even greater community spirit. This is something I feel that we are losing back at home. I’m not saying Algeria is paradise on earth but it’s not what people who advised me back home make it out to be.

I have been keeping my ear to the ground and trying to find out which operators are in Algeria, the best thing is all three airlines use the school I am teaching at to send their pilots to improve on their English. I am hoping to make some contacts which as always hope that bloom into something fruitful. However it is early days and I have much ground to cover.

My hotel is on the beach which is a little different to sleeping in a tent, and I have a driver which takes me to school every morning which is also different to the combi buses in Botswana. Also there is a greater variety of food and shops here. However even with these comforts my task ahead of finding a flying job are no easier than they were in Botswana.

I feel allot better in myself recently, allot more positive and certainly allot more hopeful than I have been in the past few months. But even if I don’t find anything on this trip either; at least I am taking away these great experiences and memories. But I will keep trying for everyday until I have succeeded.

Enough of my rambling, but to the people in my shoes, flying an aircraft is not everything. There is more in life than this, just keep doing what you’re doing we will get to where we want to be but only when the time is right. Keep trying, keep applying and as always keep your hopes, strength, and courage up and oh stay current.

If anyone has any leads that you think I would be able to follow up please PM me. I would forever appreciate it.

Kash360.

Last edited by Kash360; 30th Jun 2010 at 08:55.