PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Africa - Help
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 06:49
norbert333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a true perspective of namibian (windhoek fir) conditions

hi. dafly
i came across your post on atc conditions and as an namibian atc i was abit offended. plus i have to say i am sorry that you had to misinform the poor chap with your wrong opinion.

my dear lad, doesnt mean if some1 does not have the same accent as yours then they suck. i have a pretty good idea who the two controllers are you are refering to (both of german decent). just for your information, namibian atc's are all highly trained people at well recognise ICAO institutions around the world e.g ATNS south africa, DHPS langen Germany to name a couple. they are all outstanding atcs, that is why you will find that the south african system head hunts staff from our system. the ones that do not live are either poeple who have remained due families or of own choice.

i am a young guy who has decided that i will be staying put. who is gonna look after and build up my country if a run off for money abroad.

(p.s: i dnt have 2 to 3 passports to just go where i want like some people. i am namibian)

about how some poeple make mistakes: u will find in the daily notam bullitins that atc trainning might be taking place and everyone makes them, even pilots. you will find that a pilot is told to report leftbase for RWY 01, and he calls next right base RWY 19.