PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2010, 23:39
Tiger65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a native Russian speaker

As for the translation. As the native speaker you can read MAK's report in Russian. A rough translation of the second paragraph I extended by a next sentence from the MAK's report which I forgot to copy.

Here is original text:

" Завершен анализ материалов предварительного отчёта фирмы Universal Avionics Systems Corporation (UASC) об исследовании информации бортовой системы предупреждения столкновения с землёй (TAWS – Terrain Avoidance Warning System) и бортовых компьютеров (FMS UNS-1D), установленных на самолёте.
В результате проведённого исследования, которое было начато 4-го мая 2010 года в лаборатории исследовательского центра компании UASC в Рэдмонде (США, шт. Вашингтон), установлено, что данное оборудование в полёте 10 апреля с.г. было исправно и обеспечивало экипаж и системы самолёта необходимой информацией."

You have to admit that the core of translation has been preserved.

The link you provided me with, does not contain an exact translation but a summary of the report.

Nevertheless, I wanted to point out the Flight Management System (FMS, UNS-1D) was working until final impact. And therefore I asked those questions, hoping the experts could answer them:

If radio-altimeter is set to 100m (10:10:07,2; 10:10:10,6) and flying in auto-pilot mode (FMS, Universal Avionics UNS-1D), can it go below 100m without switching to manual mode?

When reaching 100m should radio-altimeter activate some kind of audio alert?