PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 22:17
midman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ava Hannah
There will be an agreement sooner or later. I have lost staff travel and thousands of pounds. What have I got to lose to strike during another period? Nothing! Surely we can't give up now.
I don't think there will be an agreement. Any agreement would provide Bassa with significant 'strutting' room which would allow them to fight another day. All this effort and money is aimed at making Bassa irrelevant - not breaking them, just sidelining them. They won't be allowed to continue with the status quo.

Once WW has New Fleet running, has his thousands of volunteers, temps and strikebreakers in place, he can allow Militant Fleet to wither and die on the vine. With no work that will happen fast.

Why do you think he has offered non-union members the opportunity to sign up for the separate contract? Once they are separate from the No voting Bassa hardliners, he can offer all those XXXX old contract holders a new contract that they cannot accept, and they leave.
In one fell swoop he rewards non-strikers and gets rid of the militant tendency. And it's all legal as they have self-selected and it's unconnected to the strike.

Clever move, but have Bassa spotted it?