PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 22:09
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's quite astounding that on the ESS webchat yesterday with BF, so many crew were (quite rudely on many counts) insisting that BA should give staff travel back, and then they would accept the offer. We had the usual BASSA soundbites "illegal to punish legal industrial action" blah, blah, blah.

The astounding bit is, that, regardless of the legality or illegallity of the removal of staff travel, they just don't see the IRONY of what they're asking for.

Everyone had staff travel BEFORE the strike, which cost us millions, which ruined the reputation of our community, and which inconvenienced lots of our customers. So if they do get it back (and quite frankly I don't mind one way or another) WHAT WILL THEY HAVE ACHIEVED through striking?? NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH.

But remarkably, that does not actually seem to figure in their understanding of the whole situation.

The other astounding bit was how blatantly rude, arrogant and unprofessional they were on a corporate forum. Now, remind me again, which side is the bully in all of this?

I am BA cabin crew and this is my own viewpoint and not that of BA.