PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 22:08
Timothy Claypole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin crew costs. Sorry, but just because it is written on a CAA web site, or any other web site for that matter, doesn't mean I have to believe it. And I err on the don't quite believe it side of things. Where do the CAA get there figures from? direct from airlines?
I would imagine so. The CAA can audit airlines (especially as they underwrite the ATOL scheme). We could start claiming that the CAA and Virgin are making up figures, like BASSA claim BA are, but that would be 'virgin' on the ridiculous.

And remember that the £14k figure is costs not salary. Uniform, training, hotac, transport etc.
Caribbean boy previously quoted what those figures include, but for completeness they were:

Expenditure Total expenditure for the salaries and allowances of all employees. Included are gross salary (before deduction of income tax, pension social welfare and voluntary payments), overtime pay, sales commissions, flying pay and subsistence allowances, (such as cost of living allowances, station and overseas allowances) and all crew hourly flight allowances (i.e. those in excess of travel and incidental expenses).

No hotac, no uniforms, no transport. Just what they get paid. And there won't be many staff with 25 years service as the airline is only 26 years old. Plus they only have one real supervisory grade on board for crew, the IFS. Being a 'senior' doesn't really bring any more money home.

This business of not de-rostering reps. Come on BA, I want this dispute over and so allegedly do you. So why not de-roster the reps so that your proposal can be discussed and just maybe accepted.
According to Willie BASSA unilaterally withdrew from the facilities agreement last December, so why should BA de-roster the reps?

Its one day, if you want this malaise to be over - show some willing, de-roster the reps.
It seems a pertinent time to remind all that the deadline for negotiation was June 30th 2009. How many 'one days' do BASSA want?

Remember the branch meeting is a two way matter, and lots of crew have lots of questions and points of view to be put to the reps. Its little things like this that make me suspicious that the 'break the union' crowd may have a valid point.
Honestly, how many critical voices will you hear at a branch meeting? We all know how it's going to work; the militants will attend, the moderates will stay away, the reps will tell a tale of woe about how badly they've been treated, the members will line up to say "no surrender, no deal until staff travel is reinstated and the hostages are released" and everyone will leave no closer to a settlement. Really, why should BA waste the time?