PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 21:44
PC767

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Virgin crew costs. Sorry, but just because it is written on a CAA web site, or any other web site for that matter, doesn't mean I have to believe it. And I err on the don't quite believe it side of things. Where do the CAA get there figures from? direct from airlines? Virgin in particular is a private company and not a PLC, it doesn't need, nor I believe, to publish its costs. And remember that the £14k figure is costs not salary. Uniform, training, hotac, transport etc. Take those figures away from £14k and then the allowances, which I'm led to believe are not generous at Virgin, and you're not looking at much. Include staff with 25 years service and the average should rise. It just doesn't add up in my book. I know a few ex Virgin staff and they agree, or they were way above average.

This business of not de-rostering reps. Come on BA, I want this dispute over and so allegedly do you. So why not de-roster the reps so that your proposal can be discussed and just maybe accepted. Its one day, if you want this malaise to be over - show some willing, de-roster the reps. Remember the branch meeting is a two way matter, and lots of crew have lots of questions and points of view to be put to the reps. Its little things like this that make me suspicious that the 'break the union' crowd may have a valid point.