PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 21:29
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ava Hannah
There will be an agreement sooner or later. I have lost staff travel and thousands of pounds. What have I got to lose to strike during another period? Nothing! Surely we can't give up now.
Ava,

That may well be true. It would serve well for you to think, if only briefly, what BA, if anything, has to lose by you going on strike anymore. I suspect that each time, the impact diminishes and BASSA are left looking increasingly like an arcane irrelevance.

Also, I note you've dropped the reference to price fixing (a tacit acceptance, I presume, that Mr. Walsh cannot be responsible for things that happened before he joined the airline?) so thank you for that but I wonder if you might consider my earlier question wherein I asked what you think "he" is doing to destroy the brand. I fear you might find that from the outside looking in, there's a groundswell of people (not just other staff groups) who are finally glad the airline is being brought kicking and screaming into the present day. If you wish to be the anachronism that tries to resist all that, by all means, go ahead but be aware that it's an all or nothing strategy and there won't be many looking over their shoulders to check on your wellbeing if your gamble is the wrong one.

MrB