PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 21:08
BAAlltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worked for this company for over 17 years. I have climbed the career latter. I think I, and many others, deserve a bit of respect from our current management.
You forget that BA is very rare in that it has far higher than usual lengths of service amongst its staff. Crew are not the sole stalwarts of the company as you might assume. The majority of staff whether crew, Checkin-in, ramp, engineering, I.M, managment, ramp etc etc, have ALL given many years to the company and invested time, hard work and loyalty. 35, 45 years service are common across the business. The most recent joiner in my department has 12 years service. We all want a long term future for our company, so that it can give us an ongoing career.

I joined BA over 14 years ago in the front line dealing with customers. I have climbed the career ladder 8 grades since i joined. That is why i am glad W.W and BA have shown ME some respect by not allowing a selfish and narrow sighted minority of CC to destroy all that I have worked for, nor frittered away the sacrifices that the rest of us have made for our future by caving into toddler tantrums by a misguided and disingenuous union.

So, well done on 17 years, well done on being loyal and climbing the ladder as far as you have, I have much respect for that. But that is in the past now. It is you and your union who has thrown respect back in BA's face by cheering and insisting on no negotiation, and refusing to join the rest of us in contributing for the FUTURE. So don't be surprised if you don't feel that the rest of us are respecting you any more.