PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 1st class, and Dubai 4th class
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2010, 20:40
jeanyqua

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown Emirates only once,& would never consider paying my hard earned money to fly them ever again.

We flew at early hours departure from Bangkok,& crew basically handed out drinks,cleared the empties,dimmed off lights,and left us to it.

I called cc & requested a snack,as i hadn't eaten,because i thought
we would be fed a light meal on the flight.
I was then given a bag of peanuts,so i asked when breakfast was,which turned out to be approach to Dubai...nearly 7 hours later,and i really knew i couldn't last that long on nuts !!!

I explained i had had nothing to eat,& again asked for a light snack,some crackers & cheese,or a sarnie would have done me,but i was refused this by the cabin crew member,she repeated that breakfast would be served on approach to Dubai & they had nothing on board to give me.

When i visited the bathroom,about an hour into the flight,the same crew member,who was a truly fine example of customer service ( not !)... was sat eating a meal..!!!!!
I appreciate that crew should be allowed sufficient breaks,but i just cannot believe that there wasn't a morsel to scrounge in any of the carts.

When the breakfast service started a few hours later,i was asked which choice i would like,and i felt so ill i said "I'll have anything,just feed me,i'm starving"!!!

The crew who was serving me (senior crew member),then said she would have heated me something up if i had asked earlier in the flight,had I been that hungry.
I then told her that i had asked about 5 hours ago,& had been told by the other crew member there was nothing i could have to eat.
Her reaction was one of shock,i could see it in her face,followed by a very sincere apology.

Basically,the other CC just couldn't be bothered.

We paid for J class on these flights,and one crew members attitude,ruined a complete leg,& has put me off flying with them for good.

I wrote to Emirates,having noted the offending CC's name..and complained to them.

I recieved a lovely hamper as a goodwill gesture,which was a nice touch,but the damage had already been done.
Never again !!