PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 18:58
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd though how the Mr Wonderful to deal with Kieth Williams took his bonus.

Only he and Willie Walsh were granted bonuses by the board.

If you are so jealous of his position then campaign for the job yourself. You might find it a little difficult to find as the CEO is head hunted by far cleverer people than on the BASSA board. Also putting in the hours that the CEO does from Joburg might be a little difficult.

Williw Walsh answers to the board and through the board to the shareholders and investors. Neither of which are particularly enamoured with BASSA at the moment and have given Willie Walsh their full support including £600 million of contingency funding. Oddly enough they consider that he is worth what he gets paid and his 'guarantees' for future employment only run for 12 months.

Perhaps, instead of attacking the CEO, you should look a little closer at the inadequacies of your own Union representation who haven't had a local election for quite some time now. Fresh blood needed on the BASSA board maybe?

I came straight to BA from school and I am one of the youngest pursers on WW.
What experience of the 'real world' outside of BA do you have then? I can tell you that BA is a cosseted environment to work in and, especially for the Cabin Crew, hasn't changed much since privatisation. The real world is nasty, unpredictable and, many times, unfair. Just ask some of your ex colleagues, from various companies that have gone bust, if they would take IA over 1 less crew member? BA could have made thousands compulsory redundant but they didn't. How do BASSA pay them back? Call IA, pathetic.