PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 18:44
Ava Hannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because it was merely a comparison about Willie Walsh and his salary. He has been running to the media intensively and telling everyone of our salaries. Did he become CEO of BA for the sake of the money or for some other reason? He only gave up his bonus because he HAD to. I don't think for a second he had any interest in the company when refusing it. If he had accepted the bonus he would have had to dealt with furious staff from many different departments. Criticizing something or someone doesn't necessary mean that you are jealous. I don't need an MBA and I don't want to be part of management. I came straight to BA from school and I am one of the youngest pursers on WW. I think I have done well and this is what I am trying to protect as opposed to allowing a CEO trying to destroy everything.

I don't know how many VCC they have trained or if courses are still running. Why do I think that is? They are thinking shortsightedly. No VCC will never receive any appreciation from BA for backing them. I should expect further cuts in the future.

Willie Walsh is only dragging this out because he is convinced that sooner or later everyone will return to work because we can't afford to strike for an eternity. This is achievable by the assistance of VCC and non-striking crew members.

Out of interest, when is he going to issue SOSR?