PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 18:15
Ava Hannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thinking is so muddled that its no surprise that BASSA has no credibility. I thought the MTP was to protect the crew from being left at home on basic only? Now you're worried about working too hard?
Read what I wrote.

The top-up payment means the more you work, the more you get paid as the allowances are being kept. Some crew were against the MTP because it was the same amount, depending on fleet, for every crew member. It never would have mattered if you had done only early flights, only LR, non-LR or long days, the money would have been the same.

A little basic research wouldnt go amiss here. The pilots didnt get it incorporated allowances into basic it just became a flat rate with SOME being put in the basic pot.

If incorporating it into basic is now so vital can I ask why BASSA havent been campaigning for all box payments etc to be incorporated for years? Or is it more likely the case that they are just coming up with spurious scare stories to get a no vote?
Not according to one of your flight deck colleagues but people say different things, including cabin crew. At least you had something integrated with your basic salary. This has never been an option for us.