PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 18:14
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 204 Likes on 41 Posts
I could not be bothered if he has more executive experience than Barak Obama. The latter has far more responsibility than Willie Walsh yet earns less.
Well why bring it up as a comparisson then You don't become President of the US for the money..... that happens after you leave office as St. Tony has ably demonstrated.

When T5 was opened and became a huge fiasco, people were craving for Willie Walsh's resignation but he still remained in his position.
Not his finest hour I'll admit but BAA got their share of the blame and it resulted in BA paying significantly less rent for T5 I'm led to believe so some "good" came out of it.

........very heroic of him to decline two bonuses and volunteer to work for free for a month, as he did last year, but I gather it is easy when you earn almost £800.000 a year.
Give it a rest PLEASE. Are you jealous? If so go and get an MBA and work your way up the slippery pole of high executive managment. By giving up his bonus he is acknowledging the dire state of the Companies finances (something BASSA has no clue about because they refused to sign the confidentiallity agreements to look at the books How can they negotiate with any serious intent if they're not prepared to face facts?

SOSR? This is also something which has been discussed for a very long time, and according to some, something that was going to happen earlier this month. How many crew are they going to dismiss? Over 5000?
How many VCC are now trained? Are the courses still running? Why do think that is? I don't know if SOSR can be selectively applied i.e. to strikers only. Bottom line is for many crew (strikers) a letter stating that this is your new T&C's effective 90 days hence and if you fail to accept you will be deemed to have resigned is going to be enough of a WAKE UP!!! call to make them see sense. There will be some diehards who will martyr themselves on the altar of a misguided IA - but they're the ones BA doesn't need. Do you think now is the best time to placing yourself on the job market? Idiots.

What makes you think WW is prepared to keep dragging this out? He may well do due the increasing coverage of flights by VCC and realists - but when the moment is right I suspect SOSR will be deployed.

If SOSR is deployed I would expect BASSA to be receiving hundreds of letters regarding their woefully inadequate performance during this whole debacle.

A4