PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 18:03
Hotel Mode
Junior trash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some crew agree that the top-up payment is better than the MTP option. The more you work, the more you get paid. With MTP they could have easily worked you down to your knees for same amount of money.
The thinking is so muddled that its no surprise that BASSA has no credibility. I thought the MTP was to protect the crew from being left at home on basic only? Now you're worried about working too hard?

Why are they refusing to include any sort of payment in our basic salary? Would it be more difficult for BA to change it in the future? Surely the pilots had no problems getting it included in their basic salary when they exchanged their previous allowance system with an hourly pay system?
A little basic research wouldnt go amiss here. The pilots didnt get it incorporated allowances into basic it just became a flat rate with SOME being put in the basic pot.

With cabin crews appalling sickness record what company is going to want to increase the amount they pay the slackers to stay at home?

If incorporating it into basic is now so vital can I ask why BASSA havent been campaigning for all box payments etc to be incorporated for years? Or is it more likely the case that they are just coming up with spurious scare stories to get a no vote?

SOSR? This is also something which has been discussed for a very long time, and according to some, something that was going to happen earlier this month. How many crew are they going to dismiss? Over 5000?
Please read up on SOSR its not what you think it is at all.

As for over 5000 (I presume you mean strikers) its nothing like that many, its a number BA can survive short term without if necessary. But thats several levels more dramatic than SOSR anyway, so unlikely at this stage.