PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bulldog or Slingsby Firefly
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2010, 16:58
hugh flung_dung

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Having instructed in both I'd say they are equally suited for what you want to do - as are most other aerobatic trainers!
Compared to the Bulldog the T67M200: is slightly lighter in pitch, has a slower roll rate, is better when inverted, and seems to have a faster-acting prop governor. The T67M200 is probably the best of the T67s because it has some "go" without the expense, weight and fuel consumption of the M260 (which I haven't flown); the T67A-C are hard work.
Both are spin resistant (not true of the T67A) but will spin properly if provoked. I've done a large number of Bulldog spins but not so many in the T67 - the T67 spin recovery feels "crisper" (whatever that means!) but is not as positive as some others (Cap10, Yak52, etc). As others have said, learn and follow the procedures. Make sure that your FIC instructor demos a high-rotation spin and recovery during the course, but I would not be keen to deliberately flatten the spin in either of these types.

Overall I think the Bulldog is subjectively the "nicer" aircraft (BTW, not all Bulldogs have fatigue meters).

HFD

Last edited by hugh flung_dung; 29th Jun 2010 at 17:16.