PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2010, 16:09
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong, actually...

212man, irony is pretend ignorance, among other things but I think this chap just might be totally sincere! Either that or else he is channeling a former postman we all knew, loved and respected, along with his tiny Scottish companion.

Anyway, last time I looked "pinnacle" was not spelt "pinacle" so that I think we safely can go a short way with real and not pretend here. Barnacle, perhaps that is what he was thinking of, a spineless member of the mollusc family that just clogs things up while going nowhere on its own.

Too, SM is exulting (or perhaps just pretending to) but he should have written exalted for exulted or perhaps he meant excreted which sounds almost the same if you say it fast plus it makes more sense in the context of Shell.

"...Rotterdam is the place that (sic) airlines and regulators around the world turn." You got me there, SM! Turn what? Green but not with envy? Turn the way a slice of baloney turns when you leave it out in summer temperatures? Surely you do not mean "turn to" unless they are bored watching The Simpsons.

If this is comedy, well, don't give up the day job!