PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 15:20
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ava Hannah
I find it morally wrong to punish long serving staff for taking industrial action, which is a democratic right, and especially by a CEO who has only been here for a few years and himself being responsible for severe damage to our brand.
Ava,

2 points, if I may.

1) It's not a democratic right in the UK. The protections afforded are afforded to the union, not the individual members. BA, could, if they wished, sue each individual for the consequences of the action taken thus far, let alone that which is yet to come.

2) On this, I fear, you let yourself down. You seek to personalise the argument against one individual. It's been rehashed a number of times on here and elsewhere. "He" is not responsible for the price-fixing, nor, as you put it, the severe damage to the brand. Indeed, it seems, that those who have the greatest vested financial interest in the company are supportive of his actions. Can you, without emotion, point out to me, and others on here, where you think "he" (and I use the punctuation deliberately) is responsible for the destruction of the brand as you perceive it?

MrB