PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 14:37
DextersLaboratory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Board/CEO

To any of the strikers brave enough to articulate their reasoning on here there seems to be a common misconception that WW is solely responsible for the current position.

As has been previously stated, it's irrelevant who the CEO is, they are only carrying out the boards wishes. Try the BA investor website for WW's job description. It starts "The role of the Chief Executive is to take overall responsibility for the supervision and safe conduct of the Company’s business and its profitable operation in accordance with the policies, strategies and objectives established by the Board."

Note "established by the board". Tony Woodley appealed to Martin Broughton to intervene earlier this year to which MB said "We fully support WW". Of course he did, I'm sure he has also said that WW was recruited as someone who wasn't afraid of implementing some changes which were/are going to be extremely atagonistic.

So while BASSA demonise WW, the corporate plan proceeds and when WW moves up to TopCo, I fully expect KW to continue and indeed to revisit costs say in a couple of years time. It has been a regular occurrence in my 20 years in BA and I'm sure will continue until I finish here.

The other options are to oust the whole board, although the major shareholders may have more sway or to buy the company...