PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 13:51
jockmctavish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minimum guarantee of variable payments

I assume that the formula is total (relevant) allowances paid divided by the number of cabin crew (full time equivalents FTE). I am not aware of FTE being taken out of the average for offlines (e.g. cc trainer days, union duties etc.

I know that this is a minimum guarantee but why was 2009/10 used when 2008/9 was used for the previous payment?

Unless anyone has any better suggestions then I can only assume that it is because the average in 2009/10 was much lower than usual due to a lower level of crew work days being utilised. We seem to have been heavily overcrewed and large numbers of crew have taken unpaid leave or have been sitting around on 24hr or standby etc.

Therefore with no allowance for either offlines in the formula or the higher than usual crew work days unused the average is very low and would be hard to trigger in any year when crew utilisation is 'normal' So in effect offers much less in the way of protection than we are being led to believe.

Anyone care to shed any light on this?