PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 10:18
nurjio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ava, hun, can I suggest you leave the 'try commuting from JNB' well alone. It's a Pandoras Box, and unless you and you kind are careful the CAA will arbitrate/rule in favour of a system whereby crew have to prove they are adequately rested.

WRT to your other beliefs, I see that you are spirited. However, just take a long hard look around you and assimilate all that is going in the face of the worst post-war recession. Look closely at your employer. Look at the comms from BA, ESS has them all. Look at how Mr walsh is skillfully steering the 'ship' around the BASSA iceberg.

BASSA has achieved the square root of nothing in all of ths ever since they pulled their 'negotiating skills' from the table. The entire planet can see what is going on here, I am astounded that a 'few thousand' diehards cannot. I actually will give credit here to BASSA's grip on it's folowers, it's a remarkable thing - but - at the end of the day, IMHO, the majority will prevail. It has to, for it is they that have the wit, accumen and nous to Back BA.

Last edited by nurjio; 29th Jun 2010 at 11:00.