PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 10:03
OverFlare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to punish people for participating in a LAWFUL INDUSTRIAL ACTION is disrespectful, unacceptable and morally wrong.
Oh dear. If you are so easily "disrespected" I suspect it would be hard for BA to engage in any kind of actions, other than complete capitulation to Bassa's demands, that you would find acceptable.

To be honest, if I'd been on strike (and I nearly did go on strike once) I'd rather BA were straight with me and did what they said they would do. The alternative is that they make it up as they go along and you'd probably be on a new contract or out of a job by now.

If Bassa is strong enough to negotiate ST back it will get it back - there's no moral dimension - it's simply a battle of wills - the side with strongest support will win but, as I guess noone needs to point out, it looks like Bassa has already lost.

Incidentally I don't really understand why you think it's morally wrong of BA to remove ST. On whose authority can you make that statement? From where I'm sitting I think the behaviour of the strikers and their union has been far worse than anything BA has tried, the alleged threat to kidnap a child, glibly dismissed by Len McClusky in public, being only the worst example.