PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 09:17
Ava Hannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really, it gives you more guarantee of stable income for the next two to three years than the vast majority of the working population get.
It is only a matter of time before all of our routes have been transferred to Mixed Fleet. Why is the top-up payment so much less than the MTP? They have also included a two year pay rise which is nothing but one of BA's attempt to bribe some crew members to accept the proposal.

Why, exactly do you think this could be in there? BASSA have threatened IA over everything from hot towels to ingrowing toenails. BA has been a standing joke for years as the CC Union seem to think they know best how to run the company. They can't even run their own Union!
The reason for the 'hot towel issue' is an easy one. After 9/11, when we lost the 16th crew member, it was agreed that any future changes to the service routines should be discussed. BA and BASSA had one of their regular meetings and our management could not even be bothered to mention that they intended to introduce a hot towel service. There's your reason.

Unless you have been living under a rock then you will have seen that your precious strikes are having little impact with less impact forecast. All the summer strikes would do is alienate the militants more. So, if you wish to hasten your demise and remove yourself from the company please do so.
Not according to a recent letter which BA sent to me. It said that my recent participation in industrial action had severely affected their operation.

BA stated, quite clearly, that ST would be withdrawn if staff members took IA. It is non contractural and 'gifted' for various reasons and it states quite clearly in the ST guide that it may be withdrawn at any time for any reason. If you happen to need it to get to work then tough luck. Perhaps getting ST back with no seniority would be a soloution but BA has to stick to its policy here or it alienates all those who chose to work as they apllied common sense.
What are you suggesting? That everyone who have backed BA are holding them ransom? Staff Travel may be a non-contractual benefit but that's no reason for them to remove it for participating in a lawful industrial action. It's punishment. It's vindictive. It's discriminatory. As much as I would love to see the case appear in the European Courts and Willie Walsh being humiliated publicly over his mistake, I cannot wait years until it appears in court. I think I have earned it as everyone else in this company.

As to wanting Kieth Williams! You will get your wish! Willie Walsh moves on to become the CEO of Topco and, thus, Kieth Williams boss. Kieth Williams, through all of the financial briefings that were held last year (the ones BASSA couldn't be bothered with), advocated Willie Walshs' position and agreed that the short term pain of confrontation now was better than the long drawn out death rattle of an airline that cannot modernise. He is, if anything, more hardline and determined to rationalise than WW.
Not according to BASSA who strongly believe they can reach a deal with him based on the pension issue with Unite earlier this year.