PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA pilots in EU
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2010, 09:09
B200Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Is this site a recruitment agency? It appears that a lot of people want everyone else to do their job hunting for them!
Do we need FAA licensed pilots in Europe? No we don’t but unfortunately I am aware of several operators flying N reg aircraft at the large airport down the road from me for whom my CAA licence is of no use.
Would my European licence get me work in the USA? Of course not, and as a Brit a green card would be virtually impossible to come by even though I am aware of several American operators who are always after pilots rated on the aircraft that I have 2500hrs experience on.
God bless America."

Your ignorance is astounding, an FAA License does not afford you the right to live and work in Europe. N reg aircraft are in Europe because private owners are sick of paying the ridiculous fees associated with European aircraft ownership. Pilots with FAA Licenses that are European citizens are not depriving you of anything. Furthermore, you say "operators" flying N reg. It is not permissible to operate a N reg aircraft for compensation or hire in Europe, unless by agreement with EASA, so if they are, you should aim your grievance at EASA and not your fellow European pilots.