PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jun 2010, 08:48
Ava Hannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it very hard to believe that KW is more hawkish than WW. Unite had no problems reaching an agreement with him over the pension deal. That indicates a will of actually wanting to solve a solution as opposed to WW and his rubbish proposals which are not even worth the papers they are written on. KW seems to be willing too to integrate Mixed Fleet onto Euro and Worldwide Fleets instead of allowing it to be a separate fleet which will be working AGAINST us as opposed to WITH us.

We have been hearing for a long time that BA is going to give us 90 days notice. What are they going to do? Issue P45s to over 5000 cabin crew? Unlikely IMHO. They would not be able to run its operation with such a huge crew shortage. Previous strikes caused enough disruption for them regardless what they were saying to the media and everyone else. In a recent letter which I received from them it said The IA in which you took part has severely impacted upon our operation. and this is an indication that they don't know what they are talking about!

Why am I spending £500 on a ticket? Because I have an obligation to come to work and have no other choice. It's a disgrace that BA, one of the leading and largest airlines in the world, treat their employees who take part in a lawful industrial action in this manner. TW has a very valid point. It's vindictive but surely this sort of behaviour is what you can expect from an employer who is after you. I cannot, and will not, accept a proposal which does not include a complete reinstatement of Staff Travel without any SANCTIONS. Full seniority has to be included.

To everyone who crossed the picket line: it's not too late to change your mind should we go on another strike. We CAN win this. BA is NEVER going to thank you for backing them. By reporting for duty, you are supporting this management who is training VCC to do YOUR job. Can't you see the ulterior motive?