PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Writ plea against engaging foreign pilots in India ...
Old 29th Jun 2010, 04:16
viking320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expat

I have been reading this BS for a while.I worked in India as an Expat.I went to India because I could not find work in US.During my time in India I have come across many low timed pilots .Many of them have completed the CPL/IR/ME from US,Australia,Newzeland,UK,etc.They have taken by the airlines and gone for Type in Toulouse,Madrid etc.Thye have done the IOEs and have been released on line.
I was glad to fly with many of them.They were very sharp,they knew the MCDU,they knew the RT,they knew how things work in Aviation in India.Thye were allways wanting to learn,asking many questions,and doing all the right things as far as I am concerned.Many of them flew PF once they have been cleared by the DGCA.They did make command decesions to operate the aircraft safely.They flew from A to B safely.
I was very impressed with many of my co pilots . As an expat I allways new that I am in India for as long as the industry need me.In that time as an experienced pilot my job was also to pass on the knowledge and experience I have learned in my career to my fellow co pilots so that they will become a good aviators and pilots as they gain experience.
I strongly disagree to many of these bashings on co pilots regarding there ability to fly safely.

India till the start of private airlines in the 1990s allways had the co pilots come through the same schools and flying clubs around the country many of them finished the CPL not even had there multi engine rating went straight in to the cockpit of jets.They flew the old Pushpaks,152 etc.They learned it in the right seat of a jet.Most of them made it to be a safe good capts who are in the late 50s and early 60s.

So its not right to say that all Indias pilots are bad.I have come across many who have worked with me over the years from the India who has flown with Air India. many are Damn well good pilots.So for the young and old expat or not what makes a good pilots is His own ability and hardwork and standards.

Yes you will come across a few who are not up to it.That happens not only in India it happens in US also so to blame all of the young 250 hrs pilots not been able to fly is not the rightway.

As expats tell me honestly will you allow an Indian Citizen to fly for say Air china,British airways,Luftansa,Qantas,swiss,Finnair................

The answer for that would be No....Yes I have seen a few working with airlines in USA But they are American Citizens.

Now for the part that say some guys are not up to the STD a lot of blame can go to my fellow counrty men who has trained them in the initial days......

so please stop this BS and try to give back to the country who has given you a job in your hard times by helping the young pilots to learn and grow.

All the best for all the fellow pilots in India FLY SAFE.

Have an open mind ,learn,learn and more and more

Good luck
Viking